Table of contents
- What is it?
- How does it work the players perspective
- How does it work the quizmasters perspective
- How does it work the Dennis and Sandra’s perspective
- What could be better
What is it?
This webpage is a simple question game based on the MJAGame. All normal players can answer a question, a question can be added by all the players and is selected to be player by the quizmaster.
The game now has a couple of extra player types:
- Normal player
Every question contains four phases (rounds):
||Dennis & Sandra|
|SubmitAnswer||Submit lie (answer)||Both pick the best lie (answer)|
|SelectLies||Pick best lie (answer)||Both pick the best lie (answer)|
|ShowScores||Show scores of this round||Show scores of this round|
|Ended||Waiting for the quizmaster||SelectLies|
The quizmaster makes sure that questions are selected and that every round of the question is completed.
All the code can be found on my github page: https://github.com/timdows/webpages/tree/master/DenS Game
The solution consist of two project, a data and MVC project. The data project is responsible for creating, seeding and handling all database related actions. The seeder creates the database if it does not exist, next is adds the tables and inserts startup data, the different subjects (categories) and a couple of dozen of questions.
How does it work the players perspective
For the points calculation, the following rules apply:
- 100 points if another player picked your lie
- 250 points if Dennis picked your lie
- 250 points if Sandra picked your lie
- 5o points if you picked the lie that or Dennis or Sandra picked
How does it work the quizmasters perspective
How does it work the Dennis and Sandra’s perspective
At the end of the round, also Dennis and Sandra are taken to the points screen, they will there find out if they both selected the same best lie (or not ^^)
What could be better
- The same points apply from the MJAGame, except the admin page (now called quizmaster page) is setup much better.
Comments are closed.